Monday, September 21, 2009

sikkim...


The first time I laid eyes on this hat, I knew I had to have one. Of course with a bajillion things going on needles and a million on my list, this took some time to get to. Until, last week or so, Ko came in with her girls, and they picked out colors for a second Sikkim, and then that was it! I couldn't wait any longer! Once we started mixing color combinations, the inspirations and temptations were all that I could handle. I went home to think about what I wanted and I'm so happy with the end result. I used 2 skeins of KPPPM, one a peach multi and the other a dark olive multi. The natural is a Blue Sky Alpaca sport weight. I love the way the colors play off of one another, and the hat knits up rather quickly. Scarlett loved it, and put it on immediately, hopefully I'll get to wear it one day. In the meantime, staring at her wearing "our" hat brings me much joy... I'll have the pattern for Sikkim in the shop, along with Kirsten's new and fabulous Ulmus Rectangle pattern. You'll love this one too! I can hardly wait to cast on....


No comments:

Post a Comment