Saturday, February 20, 2010

Iceland....

I think it's safe to say, that sometimes we all suffer from a bit of knitter's block. I had that moment a few weeks ago. My mind went blank and I felt totally uninspired, yes it even happens to me. When there are so many fabulous patterns out there that you want to knit, but you can't quite commit to one, it gets a little overwhelming. However, sitting in the shop a couple of Saturdays ago, I remembered this incredible pattern from Rowan, and decided that this was the one! This was the sweater that I had to have right away, and I'm sooooo happy I thought of it. Knit on 10.5's, it's pretty quick and it definitely looks a bit more complicated than it actually is. It's knit out of Cocoon, I picked the color "Frost". The only modification I made, was knitting the ribbing on a 9, instead of a 10.5 for a tighter fit on the bottom. I loved how organic it looked, and I knew if it was knit out of Cocoon, it would have an incredible drape. So, needless to say, it has been a real hit in and out of the shop. You can find it in Rowan Magazine 42...

It's been a while since I've put a picture of my little man up on the blog. Here he is in front of his favorite yarn, Blue Sky Alpacas, helping me rearrange (sort of speak)... He's 14 months now, and moving up in the world rather quickly, running around the shop, greeting customers, and being sweet...

In a week or so, I'll be posting information on Carol Cypher's next workshop which will be held on Sunday, April 18th. So stay tuned for that....

No comments:

Post a Comment