Thursday, July 8, 2010

spumoni....

This week, I've been trying to get through some of the baby gifts that I really need to finish.  Our neighbor's baby Stella, who I knit that adorable pink Koigu dress for last year just turned one and I love knitting these little girlie girl sweaters.  While ogling over the Manos silk blend in Spumoni, I stumbled across Stefanie Japel's Whirligig Shrug in Interweave Knits, Weekend 2009 and had to make this for her.  It only took one skein for the 12-18 month size and no time at all.  I trimmed it with Tilli Tomas Disco Lights for a little girlie glitz, it's too cute.  I might need to alter this for Scarlett and then maybe for me!  I love the seed stitch peplum and the flairy sleeves, I can't wait to try it on her!


I don't have the Spumoni colorway up on the website yet, so if you're looking for it just send me an email, we have plenty!


If you're thinking of what to knit with on these terribly hot days, The Fibre Company's Canopy fingering is a beautiful choice.  It's lightweight and cool, and the bamboo lends a little shine not to mention it comes in the most amazing colors.  Today, one of our favorite knitters came by to purchase a handful of it to knit the Olive Blouse, it's going to be gorgeous!  Ok, off to weave in ends, cast on for something, bind off for something else, and take pictures.  Happy knitting and stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment