Friday, April 1, 2011

thank you lisa...


This week, our friend Lisa, came over with a few of her favorite sweaters for us to borrow and display around the shop for a little bit of inspiration.  Lisa knits so beautifully and we're always in complete awe over her work.  I had to display her Que Sera Cardigan, one of Kirsten Kapur's designs for Knitty.  She knit her sweater out of Fibre Company's Terra in Nettle, which is my very favorite color of Terra.  It's a gorgeous silk blend, so soft and perfect for a spring cardi, and the pattern is free, so you may want to stick in your que!  Look at Nettle, it's heaven!


I LOVE Lisa's Tie Sweater from Blue Sky Alpacas, it's knit out of Blue Sky Suri Merino, so obviously, it's to die for.  It's fairly simple and quick to knit.  She hasn't worn it yet, I may have to try this on for an hour or a day, just kidding- it's sooo soft... If only there were just a few more hours in the day!!!  Oh that pink cowl, btw, is a crocheted cowl I just finished, which I haven't taken pictures of, or blogged about yet.  I'll have to do that after I finish and take pictures of my New York Cardigan.  Nevertheless, for the cowl, I used 3 skeins of Malabrigo Silky Merino, and here's a link to the pattern.  Really simple and quick, if you're looking for a mindless crochet pattern, this is great and I wear it a lot.


Ok, off to knit my cardigan, happy knitting on this snowy April day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment