Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Back to work...

Well, I knew I hadn't blogged in a while, but man this HAS been a long time.  What can I say, summer took over, and I'm really glad it did because we all needed a little sun and a break from life.  We were beach bound every weekend, and didn't do much of anything craft wise.  Well, that's not entirely true, I've been throwing a ton of pottery, and I did in fact crochet a blanket which I love, thanks to Carrie, but that's about it...


In the beginning of the summer, our dear friend, Carrie came by with an idea for a crocheted granny square blanket using Tosh merino light. By the end of the week, ohhhh I don't know, perhaps there were about 20 of us crocheting this blanket!  Madelinetosh merino light flying out the door, one shipment after another, OUT THE DOOR!  We're actually waiting on another shipment right now... So anyway, my project details are up on ravelry- big thanks to Carrie, we all enjoyed this mindless, but nonetheless beautiful project!

With fall here and knitting back in full swing, I've been pondering upon what I want to knit first.  I just balled some Acadia, and am thinking about Kate Gagnon Osborn's Avery cowl.  It's a free ravelry download so check it out.  I think I need to make mine a little longer, I'll make sure I post my adjustments as soon as I get started.  It's nice to be back in knitting mode, and with all of the new yarns coming in for fall, such as Misti Alpaca Chunky and lots of Tosh, my head is spinning with ideas for new patterns.  The Rowan magazine 50 finally made it's way into the shop too and we just stocked up Rowan Lima.  Enjoy your knitting!  I need to put some new yarn away...

No comments:

Post a Comment