Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Loving my Bulky Vest!

So I finished sewing together my bulky vest at midnight! Malabrigo chunky was the perfect choice for this project. The pattern comes from Knit 1 fall 2007, you know, the cover with a green alien head on it with lurex ears (bizarre- did anyone actually make that?). I love this vest, however, due to the flair out on the bottom, yesterday, customers were asking me if I was pregnant, yeah- I know-not so nice. Yes, lately I have been wearing some flairy shirts- I just like them. No, I'm not pregnant, it's winter and I like eating mashed potatoes, lots of them. Last night, in fact I have mashed manatas (as Scarlett puts it), and these...

Yummy in my tummy, and tonight I'm having spaghetti. So for everyone who thinks there's a bun in the oven, nope just one on my plate mopping up marinara, feeding right into my winter girth. I love carbs, and I especially love hot chocolate late at night, not the swiss miss and water kind, but Godiva on the stove with milk-yum. So there, let's eat to that!! If you're feeling like you have the winter blues, maybe all you need are some buttermilk mashed potatoes, good old comfort food.

Anyway, today, I happily unpacked a box of Suri Merino from Blue Sky Alpacas. Holy moly, that's soft stuff and the colors -amazing. I also got a box of books that look really good. There's a pretty scarf in Louisa Harding's "Knitting Little Luxuries" that I want to try in the suri merino. My favorite book of the batch is this one.

"Crochet Small Things". The projects are too cute for words, and the charts easy to follow, being that it's written in Japanese. Check out this scarf, I love it so much, I think I need to make it...
I have some of my silky merino that I dyed the other night in a rich deep blue, so I might play with that. Lots to do and work on, my MIL is due in tonight, later than planned because her flight was originally canceled. I can't wait to keep her up late with knitting and more knitting, oh yeah and maybe some crochet too.

No comments:

Post a Comment