Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Introducing Lester...

So, as promised Lindsay stopped in over the weekend to share Lester- her new little friend. So cute, he will win you over no matter what. He's got style and pizazz, don't ya think?

Can you even stand him (love his little eye lid)? There is a pattern on Ravelry for Lester- he requires a little bit of worsted, such as Cascade 220, and whole lot of Ozark lovin', well only 1 skein. You can download the pattern for $4.50, he's too cute. I believe Lindsay is now knitting a Lester for each of her family members.

The scarf that has caused a complete frenzy to say the least around the shop these days, is Lindsay's Phiaro. When the pattern first came out, I thought it was pretty-but then when she came in with hers, knit in Nashua Ecologie cotton, I was jealous with a capital J!!!!!! It's a beauty, check it out. It's super easy, just long hours of straight knitting. Knitting a 22" tube, and then dropping a ton stitches, nothing too difficult about that, but I love it for a summer scarf, it would have come in handy over this past weekend, it was chilly at nighttime.

So of course, after my last email, I stated that I was feeling a little better now that I was approaching my 2nd trimester, and what happened? I was SO sick that very night. I'm still battling the late night nausea, but I do think it's wrapping up this time. I tore out the shawl I started knitting in the skinny cotton, and decided to cast on for a Phiaro of my own.

In the meantime, this is what I've been working on for the past few months..... Hope you enjoy this picture as much as we did today.

Now if this isn't a good reason for not getting work done, well then I don't know what is. Anyway, I will post for sure whether or not I will be hosting the annual "Knit In Public" day on June 14th tomorrow, I just have one more person to ask, I'm almost positive it will be fine. Off to rest, I have a lot to dream about...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Wish you and your little peanut all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I guess I haven't checked in a while... I never saw your newest project... even cute in utero! Can't wait to meet - and knit for - the little one. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete