Monday, May 5, 2008

New colorful goodies...

The most exciting new arrival to the shop, which needs to be #1 on the list are Erika's stylin' new needle cases. She's been sewing up a storm with these cases, using fun bright fabrics- what better way to store and showcase your circulars. She even included a big slot for your knit check!!They're hanging up in the shop, so come by and check them out!!

I've been wanting to post a picture of my complex cane beads that I made in Carol Cypher's workshop, so here they are. This was definitely my favorite class so far with Carol. I love the idea of wool on wool, as opposed to wool against wire or bead. Those classes were terrific, don't get me wrong, aesthetically, I just really loved the complex cane bead!! We were all so amazed by our results!! ps- I'd love to hold a workshop in this technique, so if anyone's interested, email me or call the shop. It's a really cool process to learn!! I'll have to add it onto the schedule as one of our Wednesday morning felting get-togethers...
Lots of new yarns came in, we are stacked with Dream in Color Classy, all of their new colors are yummy! We also received some Kersti and KPPPM, here are my three favs of each...



(don't ask why this picture came in sideways- I don't get blogger) Anyway, I think someone sweet needs a little summer shrug for those evening strolls at the shore!! I think there's a free pattern on Knit and tonic's blog- the "Girlfriend Shrug".

Last but not least, another fabulous shipment of Hand Maiden came in last week. A bunch of the Rumple Scarf Kits along with Sea Silk- absolutely gorgeous of course...

I'm going to start the Montego Bay scarf once and for all, I think out of the light pink, we'll see. One color is more beautiful than the next, it's kind of hard to pick and choose. As soon as I'm done with this "oh so exciting" (I'm being sarcastic) Phiaro scarf. Gorgeous when it's finished, but could it be more boring to knit? Knitting in the round for 21 inches? ugh!!! I'll post it when it's finished, it's good to back to my knitting after a long hiatus :)

No comments:

Post a Comment