Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crazy kiddies!!

This past week was Scarlett's 4th birthday, I know- for all of you who have been part of the Angelfire Studios' family since the very beginning and knew me when I was pregnant with her, it's a bit hard to believe- time flies fast when you're raising babies, knitting, and having fun. She had all of her friends from school come for a pottery party this Sunday, and boy was it a blast! The girls painted pottery, ate lots of pizza and ice cream cake, and then opened a mountain of presents. I'm so relieved that they had so much fun, especially since she's about to be a big sister in a few weeks.


Jumping to stay warm and posing together- so adorable...

In the meantime, I have been knitting, I just haven't been too good about blogging or taking pictures (been a little tired to say the least). This is the Shawl Collared Jacket from Debbie Bliss that I knit for the baby. I need to knit more, I know- but I've been knitting for the holidays- wanting to get a few gifts out of the way before the baby comes, etc, etc... I used 3 skeins Koigu Kersti for the 3-6 month size- this is the softest yarn in the whole world and knits up like a dream. I love this colorway, I'm really hooked on these greens lately, not sure what that's all about, but for whatever reason, I love it! I have some cargo pants in brown in mind to cast on for, a pattern from Knitty- also so cozy and adorable....

I finished a pair of Malabrigo Loafers from Coco knits for my grandmother, a set of oven mitts and potholders from Noni for my mom,(both of these patterns are available at the shop btw), so I decided what the hey- I'm starting the February Lady Sweater for myself out of yummy Blue Sky Suri Merino- (of course we need some Moving Mud buttons too). It's the perfect sweater for me to wear now and after the baby is born. In fact, what caught my eye when I looked at it originally on ravelry was how cute it looked on a lady who was about as preggo as me!! So there you have it, I have been knitting!! Lord only knows, I'm NOT sleeping!!

No comments:

Post a Comment