Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Erika's been knitting on the lamb...

Monday, I stopped into the shop to pick up some roving for a Christmas project that I'm working on, grab some yarn and visit with Erika. She had just finished the Bobbled Tam from the most recent issue of Vogue Knitting. Knit with 2 skeins of Manos silk- wool blend, and I have to admit- I'm a little jealous! I think if she wants to be a really good friend, she should either knit one for me or stick this perfect, silky blue tam in my Christmas stocking (hahaha-hohoho)... It came out really cute, love the color and it fits a bit looser than the one in the magazine, which I like better, I think she likes it better too... It's the perfect accessory for the winter, so soft- and the silk blend will keep her nice and toasty. Erika tends to gravitate toward this beautiful teal color, when the new Namaste Zuma bags came in, she just so happen to grab one in "peacock" for me to photograph. We LOVE these bags!!! The limited edition of Zuma bags in eggplant are on their way as well.

When I brought baby Wes over to meet Erika and her mom last week, Erika surprised me with the most adorable baby sweater!! When did she knit this? Keeping secrets are we? The Pima Tencel she used from Cascade is a perfect choice for a spring sweater and I can't wait to see him in it! I know our friendship is really something, since she made a special button trip to M&J just for me (sigh).

The pattern came from the Debbie Bliss Essential Baby book. I love it- big huge thanks to Erika!! And a big huge to Lindsay who surprised me with a yummy crocheted baby blanket that we use every night!! All of those ends to weave in? That's love!! It's been keeping baby Wes warm and snuggly in his bassinet...

Speaking of crochet, I felt like crocheting from one of my Ondori books. I haven't had a chance to play with the Eco Andaria- Japanese yarn, so I figured I would give it a try. I decided to crochet a few doilies, either for my living room or maybe do a few to give to my mom for Christmas- they're a quick gift idea and I think they're pretty. The yarn is very cool to work with, totally different than anything I've ever used before. It's a good thing I took this picture as soon as I finished them because...
bad dog #1 pulled them off of the kitchen counter, then bad bulldog #2 slobbered all over them and chewed them into tiny bits. Thanks, I love you too guys. They spared me the largest one, so I guess I can add that to the list of things I'm grateful for. Happy Thanksgiving to all, I have so much to be grateful for- my family, great friends, a beautiful healthy baby boy, and wonderful friends who I've made through my shop who are loving and supportive- and a special thank you to the ladies who have been watching over the shop - and allowing me some quiet time with my new baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment