Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Just for Carmen...

Okay, Carmen- I'm blogging!! Things have been a little crazed around here, between baby duties and a crazy shop- there's been very little time to write. However, I've actually gotten some knitting done! After the new year, I decided ( a resolution if you will) that I would knit a few cashmere scarves, a sort of thank you to myself- for a great year at work, and a beautiful healthy baby. The first scarf I decided to knit after seeing Ko's finished, was "Wisp" from Knitty. I love it (and am wearing right now actually). I opted for the long version since I chose to knit it out of Jade Sapphire 2 ply, which has 400 yards, it's a perfect length to wrap around twice. I topped it off with a set of small rounds from Moving Mud, and it's my new favorite scarf.


The second scarf that I started, is the "Lovely Leaf Scarf" from the Purl Bee... It's quite luxurious, if I do say so myself. I'm knitting it with the Jade 6 ply in a new colorway- "Peach Honey". I'm almost finished- I'll post it when it's completed...


There have been some beautiful additions to the shop, such as The Fibre Company!!! I LOVE THIS YARN! This is "Terra", and it's flying off the shelves. The colors are gorgeous and the feel is amazing. It's nubby, and squishy, and delicious and I can hardly wait to knit with it! We also got a shipment of "Road to China", which is decadent. It's a cashmere blend and literally drapes out of your hand.


We also recieved Rowan "Kidsilk Aura". Why I haven't had this yarn in the shop all along is beyond me. It's like a pillow, lofty and soft- and the patterns are lovely. Check out Kim Hargreaves book "Thrown Together" next time you stop into the shop. Erika knit the cover capelet, it's adorable.

The limited edition of Namaste's "Zuma" bags are here, along with their new snap cases and ulitily cases. The utility cases are great for organizing your knitting, which in my case, is a mess in my knitting bag- they're really great if you have more than one project going on.... They're see through, which is great for finding what you need.




The winter/spring knitting and crochet class schedule is up on the website. Check it out... If you have any questions regarding the schedule, please feel free to call the shop, or stop in. Carolyn has dropped off a few samples too!

No comments:

Post a Comment