Wednesday, September 8, 2010

spotlight on canopy...

    
 After being stuck in a knitting freeze for way too long, I've been warmed back on board with a little help from our dear and most talented friend, Kirsten of Through the Loops.  I know I know, I just bogged about one of her latest designs, Roma, but now that I've knit another beautiful pattern of hers called Andrea's shawl, I must share again.  This pattern has to be one of my favorites so far... EVER!  I love that the lace work is done first, and then it's a smooth sailing of simple decreases until the end, bravo!  I've been dying to knit with Fibre Company's Canopy fingering forever too, and having the chance to use these two colors together was perfect.  I could not believe how this yarn changed after I blocked it, I thought it was soft before?  It is amazingly soft now, I can't wait to wear this shawl (and knit another one)!  My project details are on my ravelry page and can be found here.  Happy knitting!! 

ps.. Congratulations to my little girl on her first day of 1st grade, where does the time go?  I'm so proud and so unbelievably grateful to have such an angel in my life...  

No comments:

Post a Comment