Thursday, September 20, 2007

Billows of color...

Yesterday, I decided that I would knit the "Earth Stripe Wrap" on the cover of the latest Rowan magazine- a little treat to myself. I love the colors of Kidsilk Haze, and I know I would wear this everywhere, it's so beautiful. I laid out the colors and now I am really looking forward to starting- it's a pretty mindless project.I thought I would get a chance to cast on and get started yesterday morning. Scarlett was at school, and I figured what the hey, until this happened...As soon as the roving from Ashland Bay walked through the door, a woolly radar went off and the girls came in and rummaged through the colors to get started on their bags- yeah. I love the energy right now in the shop, everyone is feeling so inspired, and really feeding off of each other's enthusiasm about of all of their new projects, whether it's felting or knitting. When it comes to the roving however, little goes a long long long way, especially when you are needle felting, wisp of color is sometimes all that you need. After biggie poppa got off of work, he picked up more cubicles and put them up for me, what a guy!! And now, it looks like this...Finally, to top it all off, I taught 2 new pottery students who were just remarkable. They both felt so relaxed and I think it really came quite naturally to both of them. It warmed my heart to see how much they enjoyed it, but more so- how seriously they took it and how hard they tried. Class ended at 5pm, and they left the shop feeling really good. That made my day...

1 comment:

  1. hey, thats my yarn. better keep it for me....luv MIL

    ReplyDelete