Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bamboos and buttons...

I was really excited to open my delivery from Carol of Farmhouse Yarns today. I've been waiting for my new Bonnie's Bamboo for a week or so, and let me tell you, it was worth the wait. (I actually put aside what I started last night, something I NEVER do. Yes, I finish what I start most of the time- loose ends make me a little bonkers). However, when I opened this box, I grabbed a skein of Ivory and decided that I need one of these. A perfect little scarf for spring...

After all of the cooking I did for my family on Easter Sunday, I didn't feel like doing much of anything this week, I hardly knit- a row here and there. What I really felt like doing, was playing with Fimo clay, so I made some buttons. In fact, I used the light pink ones in the bottom of the photo for my suri/merino sweater that I finished a couple of weeks ago. They were fun to make, but I have to admit, as the idea of rolling millefiori canes intrigue me, it must take a ton of practice (I mean a ton). I'm not there yet, I'm just having fun playing with clay.

1 comment:

  1. Yay the bamboo arrived! I'm loving that plum-y shade toward the back.

    You've got me on a crocheting binge. I've got to come and get that Japanese book with the pinapple scarf pattern. I thought I had it but I don't.

    ReplyDelete