Monday, March 3, 2008

A great big thanks!!

Yesterday was great fun, I had to show off these fabulous (vegan) cupcakes that Lindsay, the miracle baker/speed knitter baked for everyone. They were yummy- thanks Lindsay!! I was really moved by some of the kind words from the gals and I can't thank everyone enough for their generosity over the years and for being part of my shop. It is so heartwarming to know that so many friendships have been made in the shop, I love that!!

I feel like I've been knitting forever on this little cardigan I started for myself. Something sweet for spring (and an excuse to use the Blue Sky suri merino). Holy furry softness. Hopefully, I'll finish most of it tonight. I just wanted a plain little cardi, so I decided top down would be the fastest, cast on 100 sts and go- knit to size. A good reference though, that is free online is Stefanie Japel's basic top down recipe, plus she has some other free patterns that are really cute too. I pulled 5 skeins for my sweater, but I'm still on the 3rd, pretty cool huh? Maybe I can eek by with 4 skeins.


I forgot to post a picture of my scarf from the Crochet Small Things book. This isn't the best picture, but oh my word... This is gorgeous. The drape, the detail, it looks so fabulous on. I used Nashua Ecologie Focus and it is just amazing... oh yeah 6 balls on a G hook. I really enjoyed working on it too. I'm sure that this picture will do it no justice, so I guess you'll have to try it on next time you're in the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment